In a world where everyone is being judged based on looks and status that determines your existence, the word beauty is just a metaphor without sense. Like having freckles, uneven skin tone, pudgy, skinny, and other imperfections that can lower your self-esteem and will enjoin you from society. You might be wondering how other people manage to keep up with everyday living without being affected by someone else’s negative opinion.
Let us start by being comfortable with our own body. Loving our own body can have more benefits to our mental health than we can imagine. A boosted self-esteem can mean more than being comfortable in the clothes you wear, because it also improves your mood and your relationships with other people, ultimately improving your interactions.
Why does body shame exist? It’s a simple and inevitable fact of life: we get judged by other people. Our society is made up of individuals who are either ready to lift you up and inspire you to become a better version of yourself, and individuals who are hell-bent in imposing the norms to everyone. These norms often drive us to be dissatisfied with ourselves. This is evident in beauty magazines that promote low self-esteem. Browse these cover magazines and see how they have taken body shaming to its highest level.
Right or wrong, a lot of us are driven towards meeting these norms because it’s easier than imposing what we think should be considered. In a way, this is true, and sadly so.
As a result, most people nowadays spend a lot of time at the gym working out to look and stay healthy, while some even spend a lot of money by taking medications and turning to dramatic transformations through surgery.
If you’re not comfortable with extreme ways like the latter, however, there are safer and easier ways to combat body shame. Here are some I’ve gathered:
- Eliminate that negativity in your mind. Relax. Thinking that you’re ugly and fat do no good in your overall being.
- Never compare yourself to others, especially those models you see on a cover magazine. Seeing these things establishes a mindset that there is a need for you to look the same.
- Unfollow or unsubscribe from social media accounts that make you feel insecure. Instead, follow those people with whom you share the same body type but are gaining positive responses from other members.
- Love your body. Your body is your investment. Take care of it by at least staying healthy. You don’t have to go to the gym to get fit. Try jogging in the morning or late in the afternoon. You’ll appreciate the beauty of life more with simple things.
- Embrace your imperfections. What you think of yourself will have a great impact on how others will see themselves. There is more to life than your imperfections.
Now, if you’re willing to go that extra mile to improve how you look then take a look at these supplements which are highly recommended to deliver results if combined with working out, a healthy diet, and self-discipline. Let’s find out which supplements you should take to gain muscle fast.
Try weight and muscle gain pills. Taking this type of supplement will maximize your muscle growth potentials. You don’t have to spend much on supplements; there are a lot of affordable yet highly effective weight and muscle pills available. For the best affordable supplements, visit Muscle and Fitness and many other sites.
Another supplement available in the market is what they call “turn fat to muscle pills.” Its job is to increase your metabolism while at the same time controlling your appetite. There are carbohydrate blockers also available in the market with ingredients that can make your body consume few calories. Remember that when you eat a lot of calories without anything to burn them, calories will be stored in your body in the form of fats.
Body shame, sadly, cannot be considered a thing of the past just yet. A lot of us have found ourselves battling body shame even when we shouldn’t. Whatever your approach is in this battle, always keep in mind that there is more to life than conforming to norms and pleasing the people around you.